What Do I Do Now?
When a death first occurs you will need to:
The Ogden Funeral Home will:
- Arrange the transfer of your family member to our funeral home.
- Arrange for a funeral director to meet with you at an appointed time.
- Arrange the funeral details with you, your clergy and cemetery of your choice.
- Deceased's full name and address
- Social Insurance Number
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Father's Name
- Mother's Name
- Date of Death
- Deceased's ID (i.e. passport/birth certificate or citizenship card)
- Cemetery Ownership Papers
Decisions To Be Made:
- Location & Official for Ceremony
- Family & Public Visitation Hours
- Selection of Casket/Vault/Urn
- Cemetery Arrangements
- Musical Selections
- Newspaper Notices
- Transportation Needs
- Memorial Cards
- Memory Table Display Articles
- Special Fraternal Cards
- Thank you cards
This list is not all inclusive. We will provide additional options to assist in making your family member's funeral unique.
In the event of a family member's death please contact us:
I've never experienced a death in my family before, what do I say when I call?
Suggestions: "My name is ____________. My (Father, Mother, Sibling, etc.) has just died and I need to make some funeral arrangements." The funeral director will direct the conversation further. Be prepared to inform the funeral director of your family member's place of death.